What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a system of custom-made aligners that are interchanged roughly once a week to move your teeth into an optimal position, making traditional brackets and wires unnecessary for certain cases. A 3D digital image is made of your teeth, from which Dr. Ries builds a customized plan to achieve ideal alignment. Invisalign treatment can be employed with other orthodontic techniques to treat even very complex orthodontic cases.
Invisalign is a popular option not only here in Columbia, Missouri, but across the country. By choosing to go with Invisalign you can feel confident about smiling throughout the entire treatment course! Learn why so many people trust invisible aligners to be their braces solution.
If you’re looking for an Invisalign orthodontist, contact Robinson + Ries Orthodontics today!
Why choose Invisalign?
- Aligners are clear and most people won’t notice when you are wearing them
- Dental hygiene is much easier to maintain with Invisalign treatment because you can remove your trays for brushing and flossing
- Unlike traditional braces, you will not be restricted on what you can eat and drink
- Busy patients appreciate that appointment intervals can be stretched out greater than 12 weeks
- There are no emergencies (ie pokey wires) and no metal to cause uncomfortable mouth abrasions during Invisalign treatment
- With Dr. Ries’ Invisalign experience, some cases can be treated in shorter treatment times than traditional braces
- You can view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when Invisalign treatment is complete
How does Invisalign work?
You wear each set of aligners for about 1 week, removing them only to brush and floss. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move – little by little, week by week – until they have straightened to the final position our doctors have prescribed. You’ll visit our Columbia, Missouri-based practice about once every 12 weeks to ensure that your Invisalign treatment is progressing as planned.
More Information About Our Invisalign Services
Browse these additional pages to learn more about our Invisalign services!
No matter what’s on your busy teen’s schedule this week, Invisalign Teen gives the flexibility for any teen lifestyle. School pictures on Monday, a Band concert on Wednesday, and the big game on Friday, with Invisalign Teen your teen does not have to slow down. Learn More Here.
Invisalign Treatment for College Students
Wouldn’t it be great to finish college with a diploma AND a beautiful, confident smile? Learn More Here
We strive to make Invisalign affordable to everyone. You can get a beautiful, healthy and straight smile for as low as your monthly cell phone bill. Learn More Here
“Zoe had the best time today in the office! Thank you for treating her so well and making her feel extra special. She was absolutely beaming when we left and said she was having a “great day!” She was so excited to go back to school and share with her classroom! She also said the only bad part of her day is that she doesn’t get to come back to your office for a year. Now that’s saying a lot!”
Millions of patients worldwide have been treated with Invisalign. The number of Invisalign smiles grows daily. At your next appointment, Dr. Robinson or Dr. Ries can help answer any questions you might have, and get you started on the smile you’ve always wanted.
- Invisalign aligners are clear; no one may even notice that you’re wearing braces.
- Invisalign is removable. Unlike braces, you have the flexibility to eat and drink what you want during treatment simply by removing the aligners when you eat.
- You can also remove the aligners to brush and floss as you normally would for fresh breath and good oral hygiene.
- Unlike traditional metal braces, Invisalign does not use metal brackets or wires that could cause irritation to your mouth.
- Invisalign appointments are quick and easily fit within your schedule.
- Invisalign allows you to view your virtual results and treatment plan before you start your treatment.
- It fits busy lifestyles
- It’s removable
- It’s comfortable
Invisalign uses a series of clear, removable aligners to gradually straighten teeth, without metal or wires. After detailed impressions are taken of patient’s teeth, Invisalign utilizes 3D image technology to map the complete treatment from start to finish. Teens wear each aligner for about two weeks. During this time, the aligners gradually mover their teeth until they achieve the prescribed final position.
- ALWAYS remember to brush your teeth after every meal and floss at least once a day.
- Make sure to use toothpaste that contains fluoride and ask your orthodontist or family dentist if you need a fluoride rinse. This will help prevent cavities!
- If you take out your retainer to eat, brush your teeth or floss, remember to keep it safe in its container so that it does not get lost or broken.
- Keep your retainer clean, too, by brushing it gently with a toothbrush and toothpaste. You may also soak it in denture cleaner as instructed by your orthodontist. Do not put your retainer in boiling water or in the dishwasher.
- During your orthodontic treatment, try to avoid foods with a lot of sugar (sugar increases the amount of bacteria that grows in your mouth, causing more plaque and possibly cavities).
- Avoid sticky and chewy foods (caramel, chewing gum, gummy bears), hard foods (hard candy, nuts, ice cubes) or any foods that could possibly get stuck in your braces (corn on the cob, soft bagels, ribs, taffy, etc).
- Be sure to schedule your routine checkups with your family dentist. It is recommended that you continue to visit the dentist every six months.
Everyone of all ages is welcome and encouraged to visit the orthodontist. The American Association of Orthodontists recommends that children have their first visit around the age of seven, however orthodontic treatment isn’t just for Children and Teens. One in every five orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. So anytime, any age is a great time to visit the orthodontist. We love helping you look and feel better about your smile no matter the age.
An orthodontist is a dental specialist who has received two to three years of additional training and experience. Your orthodontist is able to straighten teeth, correct misaligned jaw structure, and improve the function of your smile.
Orthodontics (also referred to as dentofacial orthopedics) is a specialized form of dentistry, focusing on the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of dental and facial abnormalities.
If you are unable to make an appointment, don’t fret. We can reschedule. However, we do appreciate it if you let us know immediately. Appointments can be made four to twelve weeks in advance. Please note that it can be very difficult to keep up with our planned progress for your treatment if appointments are missed, so please only reschedule your appointments during emergencies.
The appointment during which you get your braces usually takes one to two hours. Once you’re wearing them, you’ll see us on a regular schedule, every four to twelve weeks for adjustments. These regular appointments typically last about 40 minutes. At each regular visit, you’ll receive a “grade” for oral hygiene and elastic wear, this way you can keep track of your progress. Making sure you have good oral hygiene and proper elastic wear is important in improving your beautiful smile! Dr. Robinson, Dr. Ries, and their awesome staff will help you by carefully explaining everything. Don’t hesitate to ask any questions! They’d love to answer them for you.
These regular appointments are important in maintaining your orthodontic treatment routine and keeping up with the overall progress of getting your beautiful smile to where you want it. Our office blocks out times during after school hours to help accommodate students for when they are scheduling their regular appointments. These short appointments can be scheduled for after school so that we can minimize the time students are missing class. We typically schedule longer dental procedures and treatments for the middle of the day to accommodate the students. If a written school excuse is needed, we would love to help you out with that as well.
On your second visit, we will perform a variety of diagnostic studies to help determine the best course of treatment. Your “records visit” typically includes a panoramic radiograph, a cephalometric radiograph, facial and dental photographs, and impressions that are used to fabricate plaster study models. If you are an Invisalign or Insignia braces patient, you are in for a treat. Instead of impressions, your treatment will commence with a 3D scan using the iTero or Lythos scanner. The doctors use these records to create your customized orthodontic treatment plan and to track progress as your teeth move during the course of treatment.
Prior to your first appointment, we will be more than happy to call your insurance company to verify the coverage you have available. We accept assignment of benefits from Delta Insurance Company directly. For all other insurance companies, we will assist you by filing your claim and any necessary paperwork. We will also handle your insurance questions on your behalf so that you will receive your full benefit.
The smile of your life is more affordable than you might think. Although fees vary according to the complexity and time involved in each individual case, a personalized payment plan can be arranged with no interest or carrying a charge. When you have your initial complimentary consultation, our Treatment Coordinators will discuss and assist you with the options listed below. They will work with you to select the option works best with your monthly budget.
- If full payment is made at the onset of treatment, we will offer a discount. If you have insurance, we will offer a discount for full payment of your portion of the fee that will not be covered by insurance.
- We will work with you to establish a customized payment schedule that extends over the course of your treatment.
- For your convenience, we accept payment by Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover card.
- Third-party financing options also are available
Our team believes that each person’s needs and expectations about orthodontics can be different. Because of these differences, it is imperative that each patient is treated based on their specific circumstance. This is why we take great pride in making sure that you have a customized treatment that you deserve.
Upon arrival for your first visit. You will be greeted by a Treatment Coordinator. She will show you around our office, and review your health history. In addition to these two things, she will ask you about your main concerns about your smile. This can help us customize the right treatment that meets not only your needs but also your desires. We will take digital photos and a digital panoramic X-ray before Dr. Robinson and Dr. Ries conduct a thorough examination to determine the basic nature of your problem.
If treatment is recommended, we will be glad to:
- Discuss your individual needs
- Explain your treatment options
- Provide you with a written treatment plan and treatment timeline estimate
- Inform you of the available fee and payment options and help you with your insurance
- Answer any other questions you may have
We look forward to improving your beautiful smile!
The first step is to Contact Us. With your initial inquiry, we can set you up for a FREE initial exam. Simply, call and set the appointment and complete a Health History form. Your Health History Form will help us better serve your dental needs, as we can specify detailed and appropriate recommendations. This form aids in ensuring the best care for you throughout the course of your treatment.